Oli, here's my recipe for chicken salad sandwich - yeah you know you love it. It's very easy to make and doesn't require too many ingredients. So that means you should be able to make it!
1. Ingredients: Chicken, celery, mayo, dijon mustard, salt, pepper.
2. Cook the chicken. If I use split chicken breasts on the bone with the skin on, I'll roast it in the oven. See previous recipe. But for this particular time, I had boneless, skinless breasts so I actually cooked in a pan on the stove to get more flavor. Rub the chicken with some olive oil, salt, and pepper. Place on a hot pan so it gets a nice sear. Be careful, some of the oil/fat will splatter. I covered the pan with some foil to prevent painful oil splatters and cooked each side for about 8-10 minutes. You should get a gold brown sear on both sides - then take out and let rest on the cutting board for a few minutes.
3. When the chicken has cooled sufficiently, chop it into cubes along with the celery. Cut however big or little you want.
4. Add a big dollop of mayo and a little dollop of mustard. You don't have to use the mustard, but I think it gives it a nice flavor. I guess by dollop I mean about a quarter cup of mayo and a teaspoon of mustard. But adjust according to how many chicken breasts you cook and celery stalks you cut.
5. Add a little salt and some pepper and mix everything together. Don't put in TOO much mayo at first because then it'll be runny. So add a little at first because you can always add more later. When it's the consistency you want, slap it on some bread and enjoy!