Friday, February 11, 2011

Chicken Salad Sandwich

Oli, here's my recipe for chicken salad sandwich - yeah you know you love it.  It's very easy to make and doesn't require too many ingredients.  So that means you should be able to make it!

1. Ingredients:  Chicken, celery, mayo, dijon mustard, salt, pepper.


2. Cook the chicken.  If I use split chicken breasts on the bone with the skin on, I'll roast it in the oven.  See previous recipe.  But for this particular time, I had boneless, skinless breasts so I actually cooked in a pan on the stove to get more flavor.  Rub the chicken with some olive oil, salt, and pepper.  Place on a hot pan so it gets a nice sear.  Be careful, some of the oil/fat will splatter.  I covered the pan with some foil to prevent painful oil splatters and cooked each side for about 8-10 minutes.  You should get a gold brown sear on both sides - then take out and let rest on the cutting board for a few minutes.


3. When the chicken has cooled sufficiently, chop it into cubes along with the celery.  Cut however big or little you want.


4.  Add a big dollop of mayo and a little dollop of mustard.  You don't have to use the mustard, but I think it gives it a nice flavor.  I guess by dollop I mean about a quarter cup of mayo and a teaspoon of mustard.  But adjust according to how many chicken breasts you cook and celery stalks you cut.


5.  Add a little salt and some pepper and mix everything together.  Don't put in TOO much mayo at first because then it'll be runny.  So add a little at first because you can always add more later.  When it's the consistency you want, slap it on some bread and enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment